How to Clean Your AC Filters
Cleaning the filters in your air conditioner is a crucial part of your air conditioner general maintenance that should not be skipped. However, cleaning the filters doesn’t have to be a pesky or laborious task which is why we have created this simple 4 step guide.
In addition to regular cleaning of your filters, we recommend having your air conditioner professionally serviced and cleaned annually to ensure all parts of your unit are operating effectively. If you think it’s about time you had your unit serviced, head to our contact page.
How to clean your split system filters
1. Open your air conditioner’s front panel
Gently, but firmly pull up the air inlet panel (front) on your indoor unit. Lightly hold the knobs on both sides and lift a little to bring the panel forward.
Tip: If the panels are jammed or a bit difficult to open and close, use gentle force ensuring you don’t damage the unit. For instructions on how to properly remove the filters, refer to your user manual.
2. Identify and remove the air filters
3. Clean and dry
4. Replace the filters
How to clean your ducted system filters
1. Disconnect the return air grille
Disconnect the fixing holding the hinged return air grille to the frame. This will be a screw or sliding clip found to one side of the grille face.
Tip: Ensure you support the grille face while undoing the screws / clips to avoid it freely swinging downwards.
2. Remove the filter from the frame
3. Clean and dry
4. Replace the filter and return air grille
- Jadair was very prompt in responding to my initial inquiry. They were extremely helpful with their advice with Troy emailing us and following up with phone calls to discuss various options and prices. Their service was prompt and very efficient. I was amazed at how they did the site inspection, report and installation in just 2 working days. We are so pleased with their service. We highly recommend them and would not hesitate to use their services again.Hilary & Steven O'Reilly
- Jadair put in a Daikin 12.5Kw ducted system for me (7 zones) and I couldn't be happier with the service and install. Getting a full quote and plan was easy and all my questions were answered fully, so I was confident in choosing the best set-up for for my family home. Installation was professional, on time, clean and without any incident. The boys arrived early and were fully done by mid afternoon, having fully cleaned up after themselves. I'm definitely happy to recommend Jadair.Tony Matthews
- From start to finish the Jadair team were amazing. I received my quote quickly and they were prompt to answer any questions I had. The installation was done well and the guys who did it were super friendly. Would highly recommend Jadair to anyone thinking about ducted air con.Cameron Stolz
- Jadair installed our ducted air conditioning system several years ago, and have performed the annual maintenance ever since. The installation itself and subsequent performance have been problem free, efficient and effective. The technicians installing and servicing the unit are both knowledgeable and obliging. I heartily recommend Jaidair..Lynne Wright